Friday, July 15, 2011

Can I withhold my condo association fees due to work not completed?

Can I withhold condo association fees for work not completed. I live in a newly developed condo development. There are various types of units. I live in a free-standing unit which I purchased. The development company is the property management since the development has not sold out. When I moved in 3 yrs ago my sidewalks were all cracked up. I was told that they would be repaired the upcoming Spring. To date the repairs have not happened. In addition, I constantly have standing water and heavy moss growing in front of my house along the sidewalk. Even in 90 degree weather, there is water or moistness and moss growing in front of my house. It is also a hazard. My Mom is elderly and almost fell a few time due to the slippery moss. The association has one excuse after another as to why they haven't repaired it. The latest excuse is they want to wait until they have multiple sidewalks to repair. I live on a corner lot and there is a large amount of sidewalk. Just my repairs alone is enough to call out a cement truck. I want to stop paying my association dues until they get this work done. Its been 3 years. I feel this is unexceptable. Please advise me on what would be the best way to handle this situation. Thank you SS.

No comments:

Post a Comment