Sunday, July 17, 2011

What is the best thing to do with a 1940's (sable?) fur coat I have in my closet? Thx!!?

Thank you for reading this. About 8 yrs ago I went to an estate auction and bought a black fur coat from the 1940's possible 30's. It's short black hair with a little bit of a dark golden brown(but mostly black) and is extremely silky to the touch. I think it might be sable. The label says Nelson's San Carlos and San Francisco-the lining of the coat is gorgeous, a silver with black stripe detail around. I wish I knew what i had before but I was 20 and just left it in a closet at my parents house. There are parts where the fur is coming out. What should I do- I was thinking I'll have it cleaned and see what it is. But should I spend the money to have it repaired? Where is the best place to sell it at? I know e-bay but maybe an antique store that would be interested around the bay area? I'm hoping that someone who knows there furs can be helpful. Thank you so much! Take care- Oce

No comments:

Post a Comment